Masters Degree in Christian Leadership
Master in Christian Leadership
CREST is able to offer students the option to earn a Master in Christian Leadership degree (MCL). This degree is delivered in Alberta, Canada.
Who is eligible?
- Anyone who successfully completed the Certificate in Leadership program.
- To earn the MCL degree, you require a Bachelor’s degree:
- You will need to submit an official transcript from the institution
- If you do not have a BA but have done post-secondary work, we can assess you for a Bachelor’s equivalency.
- We are also opening the MCL experience to any CREST graduate to audit the program. You receive the same experience and benefit as one with a Bachelor’s but will earn an audit certificate. If a degree is not crucial for you, and you desire to increase your leadership potential, you are welcome to participate in the MCL program.
The CREST Certificate in Leadership – Levels 1 and 2 — is a major portion of the Master’s curriculum. In the Certificate curriculum we cover the life development of the leader and leadership practice in teams. Practical skill sets are given to the leader they can immediately use in their context, whether ministry, charity or business.
For the Masters degree an additional five-day Intensive is required in which Leadership Theory is presented. This portion is led by Dr. Terry Young (PhD in Leadership), and Dr. Dan Reinhardt (D. Min). This adds the theory to the practice, and gives insight into leading larger and complex organizations.
MCL Intensive – Curriculum
The Masters degree adds leadership theory and practice around leading complex organizations. Churches, larger charities, and businesses are not simple organizations, and require significant leadership understanding and practice.
Spread over five days, you will learn the best of leadership theory and be given practical tools to implement it. This intensive just might be the key to launch your leadership to a whole new level:
- Exploring the field: survey of leadership models through history that have shaped our understanding of leadership today. Leadership is morphing today; it’s very helpful to know where things are headed.
- The two biggest mistakes leaders make:
These mistakes are the cause of most leadership crash and burns. Knowing this will not only save you much grief, but will help your leadership to flourish.
- Leader as servant: It sounds like an oxymoron, but actually is the key to your leadership. Exploring the leadership model of Jesus and bridging it to real life.
- How to give clear leadership: People will follow a leader who brings a positive clarity to the organization.
- Navigating complexity: What in the world is going on here?! Practical tools to make sense out of complex and confusing situations.
- Leading change: This is the third biggest mistake leaders make – not understanding the dynamics of change. 75% of change initiatives fail. We will help you beat that statistic. We will show you what’s going on when change is happening, how to be the change initiator, and how to see your hard work of change actually stick.
- Leading for the long haul: leading in a way that maintains health, balance and resonance. You must understand and apply the advice here to be able to survive and thrive as a leader.
The student then synthesizes their learning by writing a major paper which summarizes:
- who they are
- their leadership philosophy
- how they will apply all this to a significant project.
At this point, the student has travelled far in their journey to Master their leadership.